CJA Awards 2020
The CJA Awards, now in its sixth year and generously supported by the Hadley Trust, celebrate outstanding individuals and organisations who have made a significant contribution towards creating a fair and effective criminal justice system.
The categories and prizes for the CJA Awards 2020 are:
- Outstanding National Organisation will receive £3,000, and the runner up with receive £1,000.
- Outstanding Local / Regional Organisation will receive £3,000, and the runner up will receive £1,000.
- Outstanding Individual will receive £1,000, and the runner up will receive £500.
The judges of the CJA Awards 2020 are:
- Alexandra Wilson. A barrister and the author of ‘In Black and White: A Young Barrister’s Story of Race and Class in a Broken Justice System.’
- Jamie Bennett. Former prison governor and Deputy Director for Operational Security at HMPPS. He is also Editor of the Prison Service Journal.
- Whitney Clark. A youth consultant and Advisory Board Member for Peer Power, which was the Runner-Up of the Outstanding Organisation Award in 2019.
- Pastor Lorraine Jones. CEO and Founder of Dwaynamics, which Lorraine set up in memory of her son.
The awards ceremony will take place on 26 November 2020, from 7pm to 9pm, via Zoom. It will be presented by Junior Smart, founder of the St Giles Trust SOS Project.
How to enter / nominate:
Nominations may be made by organisations or individuals themselves or by CJA members. Organisations and individuals must be based in England or Wales.
Please send us your submission in a Word Document answering and providing the following:
1) Your full name, role, organisation and email address. If you’re nominating someone else, please also provide their full name, role, organisation and email address.
2) The category you wish to enter.
3) How has the work of the nominated individual or organisation contributed significantly to a fairer and more effective criminal justice system during the last year? (up to 500 words)
In your answer, please explain how the work of the nominated individual or organisation has had impact in one or more areas of the CJA vision (see image below). Please give specific examples of your work and the impact it has had.
4) If successful, how will the prize money be spent? (up to 100 words)
5) Please provide two references (of up to 300 words each) supporting the nomination. These must each be accompanied by the full name and email address of the referee.
We’ve now extended the deadline. You must send all the information above by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday (12pm) on Tuesday 20 October 2020.
If you have any other enquiries about the CJA Awards 2020 please call Jamie Morrell, Communications and Engagement Officer, on 07902 114 967, or email email@example.com.
Privacy Notice: All personal information obtained from nominations will be held securely and used solely for the purpose of contacting you about the Awards. Your information will not be shared with outside parties.