CJA Awards 2020
Watch the ceremony here.
The CJA Awards, now in its sixth year and generously supported by the Hadley Trust, celebrate outstanding individuals and organisations who have made a significant contribution towards creating a fair and effective criminal justice system.
- Ife Thompson, Founder, Black Protest Legal Support
- Gavin McKenna, Founder, Reach Every Generation
- Michaela Booth, National Patient Engagement Lead for Health in Justice, Practice Plus Group
- Kyle Mullings, Support Worker, Community Led Initiatives
- Brendan Ross, Peer Circles Manager, St Giles Trust
Outstanding Local / Regional Organisation
- Children Heard and Seen
- The Footprints Project
- Odd Arts
- Changing the Game
Outstanding National Organisation
- The Parole Board
- Muslim Women’s Network UK
- Black Protest Legal Support
- Birth Companions
The prizes for the CJA Awards 2020 are:
- Outstanding National Organisation will receive £3,000, and the runner up with receive £1,000.
- Outstanding Local / Regional Organisation will receive £3,000, and the runner up will receive £1,000.
- Outstanding Individual will receive £1,000, and the runner up will receive £500.
The shortlisted candidates are:
The judges of the CJA Awards 2020 are:
- Alexandra Wilson. A barrister and the author of ‘In Black and White: A Young Barrister’s Story of Race and Class in a Broken Justice System.’
- Jamie Bennett. Former prison governor and Deputy Director for Operational Security at HMPPS. He is also Editor of the Prison Service Journal.
- Whitney Clark. A youth consultant and Advisory Board Member for Peer Power, which was the Runner-Up of the Outstanding Organisation Award in 2019.
- Pastor Lorraine Jones. CEO and Founder of Dwaynamics, which Lorraine set up in memory of her son.
The awards ceremony will take place on 26 November 2020, from 7pm to 9pm, via Zoom. It will be presented by Junior Smart, Founder of the St Giles Trust SOS Project.
If you have any other enquiries about the CJA Awards 2020 please call Jamie Morrell, Communications and Engagement Officer, on 07902 114 967, or email email@example.com.
Privacy Notice: All personal information obtained from nominations will be held securely and used solely for the purpose of contacting you about the Awards. Your information will not be shared with outside parties.