The CJA has announced the winners of its annual CJA Awards.
At a sparkling ceremony broadcast live from a studio in London last night, Junior Smart announced the winners and runners-up of this year’s awards with an infectious passion and energy, and spoke to the individuals and organisations about the inspiring and impactful work they have done.
The winners of the CJA Awards 2020 are:
Outstanding National Organisation
- Unlock – winner
- Birth Companions – runner-up
Outstanding Local / Regional Organisation
- Children Heard and Seen – winner
- Changing the Game – runner-up
- Brendan Ross, St Giles Trust – winner
- Gavin McKenna, Reach Every Generation – runner-up
- Michaela Booth, Practice Plus Group – runner-up
The winners of the Media Awards 2020 are:
- Symeon Brown, Channel 4 – winner
- Ria Chatterjee, ITV News – runner-up
Outstanding Digital Media Champion
- Prison Bag – winner
- Prison Radio Association – runner-up
- The Punch – winner
- The Choir, Aylesbury Prison – runner-up
- Unchained – runner-up
The CJA Awards, now in its sixth year and generously supported by the Hadley Trust, celebrate outstanding individuals and organisations who have made a significant contribution towards creating a fair and effective criminal justice system.
The Media Awards celebrate journalism and digital media that has reported on criminal justice sensitively and constructively, and that has improved understanding of criminal justice in society.
The Outstanding Documentary and Outstanding Local or Regional Organisation were new categories this year, and both were fiercely contested.
Thank you to everyone who joined the ceremony last night and congratulations to the winners.
Don’t worry if you missed it – you can watch the CJA Awards 2020 ceremony on our YouTube.
Read more about the shortlisted candidates in the CJA Awards 2020 brochure.