The Criminal Justice Alliance (CJA) is thrilled to announce the judges of the CJA Awards 2020.
The CJA Awards celebrate individuals, organisations, journalists and digital media champions who have contributed to or promoted a fairer and more effective criminal justice system. Now in its sixth year, the CJA Awards 2020 features new categories and cash prizes, with the generous support of the Hadley Trust.
The judges of the CJA Awards 2020 are:
- Alexandra Wilson. A barrister and the author of ‘In Black and White: A Young Barrister’s Story of Race and Class in a Broken Justice System.’
- Jamie Bennett. Former prison governor and Deputy Director for Operational Security at HMPPS. He is also Editor of the Prison Service Journal.
- Whitney Clark. A youth consultant and Advisory Board Member for Peer Power, which was the Runner-Up of the Outstanding Organisation Award in 2019.
- Pastor Lorraine Jones. CEO and Founder of Dwaynamics, which Lorraine set up in memory of her son.
The judges of the CJA Media Awards 2020 are:
- Anushka Asthana. Guardian Editor-at-large and host of the Today in Focus podcast.
- Emmanuel Onapa. Freelance journalist, Campaigns Manager at Hackney Account and youth leader at Hackney CVS.
- Philippa Budgen. Former BBC journalist, media consultant, Scholarship Manager at the Longford Trust and Trustee at Transform Justice.
- Chris Frost. Former newspaper editor and Chair of the National Union of Journalists’ Ethics Council.