The Criminal Justice Alliance (CJA) is a uniquely authoritative coalition of 160 organisations working together to create a fairer and more effective criminal justice system.
Our membership includes campaigning charities, voluntary sector service providers, research institutions and staff associations. Nine in ten of our members say our collective influencing work ‘adds value’ to theirs.
The CJA provides:
- A forum to identify and promote solutions
- A strong collective voice
- A gateway for dialogue with policy makers and the media
- A balanced and informed point of view
We campaign by:
- briefing MPs, peers and others on Parliamentary bills
- engaging the media, highlighting issues and initiatives to inform the public, practitioners and interest groups
- building coalitions with partner organisations ensuring CJA has a powerful, authoritative voice in debates and consultations.
Our staff team, based in London, is led by Director Nina Champion who can be contacted at email@example.com.
The CJA was founded in 2007, having previously been the Penal Affairs Consortium. We became a charity in 2011. We’re governed by Trustees, made up predominantly of members’ representatives. View our Annual Report and Accounts for 2018/19.